Saturday 17 August 2013

Miele Steam Oven

Went with my aunt to a cooking demonstration organised by Young Parents and Miele. Discovered so much more about this very awesome 'machine' known as the Miele DG 1450 Steam Oven. In today's Singapore, who doesn't want to eat healthy right? To me, this seems like the ultimate answer to a great diet but... only if you are willing to invest in one. It's currently priced $2088!

DG 1450 ED 

Automatic menu cooking

So expensive.... but definitely worth it if everything they claimed are true:
  • retains the vitamins and nutrients in food (much healthier!)   
  • natural flavours and colours (tastier & prettier!)
  • you can cook 3 levels of dishes at one go and there won't be any flavour or smell transfer (convenient & saves time!)

To be honest, I don't know how to cook. But looking at how chef prepared all the dishes today... they look really fast and easy to do. I'm guessing I can pick this up real quickly... especially when the steam oven wouldn't heat up on the outside so it's very safe to touch and timid me won't be afraid of burning myself while 'cooking'!

Steaming food in the Miele Steam Oven is different from the usual steaming we do at home. Current methods of steaming do not solely use steam but also the heat from the original source which often overcook our food and causes nutrients to be lost. The steam oven uses only pure steam (no direct heat) thus, you can literally have a facial with that same steam being so gentle on our skin.

There's so much you can do with a steam oven... fish, vegetable, meat, pasta, rice, double boiled soup, desserts like 'cheng teng' or steamed cake. You can even use it to sterilize things such as milk bottles as you can control the temperature from 40°C to 100°C. How awesome right?



Top Left: Steamed Chilean sea bass on tofu with broccoli, fermented black bean crust
Top Right: Steamed lobster and prawn in bean curd, ginger infused chicken broth 
Bottom: Fragrant steamed rice
(Recipes by Jimmy Chok)

Steamed vanilla pudding, salted caramel
(Recipe by Jimmy Chok)

Chef Jimmy Chok

My very very very very lucky aunt won a free Miele Steam Oven! :D

With a corner of that free steam oven. LOL.
Top & Jeans: ZARA
The rest: you can't really see, so who cares?

I'm so looking forward to try cooking in the steam oven, seems like I'll be popping by my aunt's place real soon ;) If its good, can persuade mummy to get it for our home! But I'm quite sure I'll buy it for my future home... needa learn how to eat healthier and it's really much better for kids too. So mummies, do consider. Fussy eaters might just start to love what they used to hate!  

Thanks for reading, Beautiful!

No comments:

Post a Comment